The members of the American Academy of Pediatrics, District II New York State believe that children are our future and are among our most valuable and vulnerable citizens. We work in concert with the National AAP to promote the following:
- Provide members with the best tools, skills and knowledge to remain the best qualified health professionals who deliver care to infants, children, adolescents and young adults.
- Participate in forums in which issues of importance to children and pediatricians are addressed.
- Work with individuals, government and non-governmental organizations to secure access to and delivery of high quality care in a medical home for all children.
- Ensure that decision making affecting the health and well-being of children and their families are based only on the needs of those children and families.
- Monitor the effect of changes to the health care delivery system on children and pediatricians.
- Improve pediatricians’ awareness of the value of membership in the Academy.
District II of the American Academy of Pediatrics (the NYS AAP) is a coalition of the three AAP New York Chapters, and thus is one of only two Districts consisting of only one state.
To learn more about the benefits of AAP NY Chapter membership and how to join, please visit our Membership page.
Consists of all the counties of upstate New York
Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau and Suffolk counties
Bronx, Staten Island, Manhattan, Westchester,
Rockland, Putnam, Orange and Dutchess
This Website is a publication of New York District II and is intended to be a forum for information and communication among the District membership, individuals and groups interested in the well being of children.