New York State American Academy of Pediatrics
Why should I become a member of my Chapter when I already belong to the national AAP?
Only Chapter dues fund state advocacy and network activities, which is vital to the NYS AAP and more local efforts!
- Increase your knowledge of and participation in legislative and advocacy activities at a local level.
- Increase involvement in the legislative arena to positively influence the quality of pediatric practice and the welfare of children in New York State.
- Build coalitions with other organizations working toward improving children’s health and well-being.
- Promote the interests of New York pediatricians in the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Serve in leadership roles.
- Participate in New York Chapter committees in areas of interest.
- Receive NYS AAP E-News, District Chair’s Report, Advocacy Updates, and other informative electronic mailings
- Stay connected to the NYS AAP via the NYS AAP Web site, Facebook and Twitter
- Receive registration discounts for local Continuing Medical Education meetings, webinars and other events sponsored by the NYS AAP
- Prepare yourself for the future role of pediatrics in the health care system and for the future management of their practices.
- Network with other pediatricians with similar interests.
- Improve chapter membership participation on national AAP affairs.
- Prepare yourself for the future role of the pediatrician in the health care system and for the future management of their practices.
Additional Member Benefits
- Post job openings on the NYS AAP Web site for free!
- Medical Liability Mutual Insurance Company e-newsletters
- Legal briefs via Kern, Augustine, Conroy and Shoppmann, LLC
- Atlantic Health Partners (AHP) e-newsletters
- Discounted vaccines (Sanofi and Merck) through AHP
Who can become a member of the Chapters of the New York State American Academy of Pediatrics?
Pediatricians in New York who have completed a pediatrics residency and are Board certified or Board Eligible, will likely qualify for membership in one of the three New York Chapters. In addition to Fellows and Specialty Fellows, Resident, Post-resident and Candidate Fellows. Affiliate Membership may be granted to physicians, dentists, advanced nurse practitioners, physician assistants, family practitioners, child and adolescent psychiatrists, child and adolescent psychologists and other allied health professionals (ie, physical, occupational, speech therapists) practicing and/or residing in the State of New York who are primarily interested in the care and well-being of infants, children, adolescents and young adults.
* National AAP membership is recommended but not required.
What Chapter am I in?
|New York Chapter 1 consists of all of the major cities of upstate New York, outside of greater NYC. All counties of upstate NY are included in this chapter|
|New York Chapter 2 consists of Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau and Suffolk Counties|
|New York Chapter 3 consists of the Bronx, Staten Island, Westchester, Rockland, Putnam, Orange and Dutchess Counties|
ANNUAL CHAPTER DUES:
|New York Chapter 1||New York Chapter 2||New York Chapter 3|
|Post Residential Fellows||$25||$50||$50|
Become a Member Today! Ways to Join:
Who do I contact for more information?
New York Chapter 1
Nancy Adams, MSM
The Park at Allens Creek
132 Allens Creek Rd
Rochester, NY 14018
New York Chapters 2 and 3
Elie Ward, MSW
PO Box 1411
Smithtown, NY 11787