The NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene is excited to announce that the recording of an important webinar is now available. The webinar is called:
“Patient-Centered Contraceptive Counseling: A Shared Decision Making Approach”
This engaging and informative webinar focuses on strategies for effective contraceptive counseling. The webinar, which was presented live in June, 2016, was facilitated by Dr. Christine Dehlendorf, MD, MAS, and sponsored by the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
Click here for the link to the webinar, to which you will be taken after a short survey.
For more information about Dr. Dehlendorf see below:
Christine Dehlendorf, MD, MAS
Associate Professor in Residence
Director, Program in Woman-Centered Contraception
Departments of Family & Community Medicine, Obstetrics, Gynecology & Reproductive Sciences, and Epidemiology & Biostatistics
University of California, San Francisco
AAP District II has endorsed a Vaccine Hesitancy Webinar Series. Recorded webinars with the links to their recordings are below. Look for more in the near future.
- April 3, 2015 -Vaccine Hesitancy: Advocating for Children (link to PDF of presentation or Video of the presentation). Presenter: Joseph Domachowske, MD, FAAP
- March 27, 2015 – Vaccine Hesitancy & Refusals: Challenges and Approaches (link to PDF of presentation or Video of the presentation). Presenter: Joseph Domachowske, MD, FAAP
- March 20, 2015 – Vaccine Hesitancy: Talking with Parents (link to PDF of presentation or Video of the presentation). Presenter: Joseph Domachowske, MD, FAAP
AAP District II has endorsed an Adolescent Sexual Health Webinars. Recorded webinars with the links to their recordings are below. Look for more in the near future.
- March 21, 2014 – What Physicians Need to Know About Young People Leaving Foster Care – for physicians who are thinking about or planning to accept young people who are leaving foster care into their practices. Presenters: Lisa Handwerker, MD, FAAP, Douglas Waite, MD, FAAP, Beatrice Aladin
- March 7, 2014 – What Foster Care Workers and Agency Staff need to know about Medical Homes for Youth Transitioning Out of Care – to help foster care workers understand the importance of the Medical Home to young people transitioning out of foster care and for pediatricians who want to better understand how to create an adolescent friendly Medical Home for challenging young people who need and are looking for a primary care medical home. Presenters: Elizabeth Alderman, MD, FAAP and Warren Seigel, MD, FAAP, both experts on adolescent medicine and Medical Homes.
- April 5, 2013 – The Health Needs of LGBTQ Youth, presented by Dr. Donna Futterman and Dr. Warren Seigel
- February 8, 2013 – STD Treatment Guidelines: Managing Emerging Resistant Gonorrhea and Common STIs in Primary Care
- January 25, 3013 – The “Other” Hormonal Contraception Methods: the Patch, the Ring, the Implant, and IUD
- December 14, 2012 – Contraception Counseling: Quick Start, Emergency Contraception, and Oral Contraceptive Pills
- November 2, 2012 – Enhancing Adolescent Sexual Health Services by Creating an Adolescent Medical Home
In addition, AAP District II has sponsored webinars on other topics:
- June 18, 2014 – Eosinophilic Esophagitis Diagnosis and Management – now as an On Demand Webinar
Other Webinars of interest:
- CDC – HPV Vaccination Recommendations (PDF) – April 3, 2015
- CDC – HPV Vaccine is Cancer Prevention: CDC’s Clinical Engagement Initiative (PDF) – April 30, 2015
Web Sites of Interest: