NYS AAP Webinar: “Adding COVID-19 Vaccine into Office Practice”
On October 20, 2021, Dr. Jesse Hackell reviewed the WHY, HOW, WHERE and WHAT about giving the COVID-19 vaccine in a pediatric practice of any size. All of the steps to take were provided – from registration as a COVID-19 vaccine provider through documenting and billing. See the webinar and download the slide presentation.
- July, 2018 – “A Disability by Any Other Name: Why Children with Fetal Alcohol Neurodevelopmental Disorder Have Not Been Diagnosed and Treated (and what you can do about it)”
Presenter: Douglas Waite, MD, FAAP
The NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene is excited to announce that the recording of an important webinar is now available. The webinar is called:
“Patient-Centered Contraceptive Counseling: A Shared Decision Making Approach”
This engaging and informative webinar focuses on strategies for effective contraceptive counseling. The webinar, which was presented live in June, 2016, was facilitated by Dr. Christine Dehlendorf, MD, MAS, and sponsored by the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
Click here for the link to the webinar, to which you will be taken after a short survey.
For more information about Dr. Dehlendorf see below:
Christine Dehlendorf, MD, MAS
Associate Professor in Residence
Director, Program in Woman-Centered Contraception
Departments of Family & Community Medicine, Obstetrics, Gynecology & Reproductive Sciences, and Epidemiology & Biostatistics
University of California, San Francisco
AAP District II has endorsed a Vaccine Hesitancy Webinar Series. Recorded webinars with the links to their recordings are below. Look for more in the near future.
- April 3, 2015 –Vaccine Hesitancy: Advocating for Children (link to PDF of presentation or Video of the presentation). Presenter: Joseph Domachowske, MD, FAAP
- March 27, 2015 – Vaccine Hesitancy & Refusals: Challenges and Approaches (link to PDF of presentation or Video of the presentation). Presenter: Joseph Domachowske, MD, FAAP
- March 20, 2015 – Vaccine Hesitancy: Talking with Parents (link to PDF of presentation or Video of the presentation). Presenter: Joseph Domachowske, MD, FAAP
Other Webinars of interest:
- CDC – HPV Vaccination Recommendations (PDF) – April 3, 2015
- CDC – HPV Vaccine is Cancer Prevention: CDC’s Clinical Engagement Initiative (PDF) – April 30, 2015
Web Sites of Interest: