Coronavirus (COVID-2019) Outbreak –
- New AAP Red Book Online Resource
Health officials are currently investigating an outbreak of a 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) that began in December 2019 in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China, and has now spread to multiple countries, including the United States.
A new entry on this coronavirus outbreak has been added to the Red Book Online Outbreaks section, providing information about the outbreak and its impacts for the pediatric population. The entry will be regularly updated, and recommendations may change as more is understood about the outbreak.
Overseen by members of the AAP Committee on Infectious Diseases, the Outbreaks section is intended to provide pediatric health care professionals with a quick resource to get up to speed on current outbreaks and how they affect children, along with links to explore further.
- CDC Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) page
- AAP News & Journals – Coronavirus Disease Outbreak
- LitCovid – This site is a curated literature hub for tracking up-to-date scientific information about the 2019 novel Coronavirus.
- CDC: Frequently Asked Questions and Answers: Coronavirus Disease-2019 (COVID-19) and Children
- AAP: Preparedness Checklist for Pediatric Practices
- World Health Organization: Coronavirus
- HealthyChildren.org: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- NYS DOH: https://www.health.ny.gov/diseases/communicable/coronavirus/providers.htm
- NYC DOHMH: https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/providers/health-topics/novel-respiratory-viruses.page
- COVID-19 Provider Resources (PDF)
- Telehealth and COVID-19: Offering tips on how to launch telehealth into practice.
- Caring for Children with Complex Medical Conditions During COVID-19: Helping clinicians understand special considerations for children with complex needs, how to prepare your clinic/practice, and how to partner with and support families.
- COVID-19 Pandemic – Clinical Guidance for Pediatric Practices: Strategies for pediatricians to increase infection control practices in their office to protect patients and health care workers.
- Talking to and Supporting Children During a Pandemic: Helping clinicians understand how to talk to and support children during the COVID-19 pandemic, including how to help parents talk to their children.
- Disaster Management for the Pediatrician in the COVID-19 Response: Utilizing preparedness principles to mobilize pediatricians to adapt protocols, learn new models, and serve as champions for children in a pandemic.
- Resilience in Stressful Times and Connecting During Times of Trauma: Strategies to support physician resilience while social distancing and caring for patients with COVID-19.
- Coding During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Navigate rapidly evolving ICD-10-CM and CPT coding for telemedicine, telehealth, and COVID-19 diagnoses and procedures during this unprecedented time.