Pediatric Research in Office Settings
PROS (Pediatric Research in Office Settings) is a practice-based research network that was established by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) in 1986. As of January 2006, PROS consists of 1,995 pediatric practitioners from 742 practices in 50 states, Puerto Rico and Canada (742 practices in 59 Chapters), teamed with a research staff at AAP headquarters in Elk Grove Village, IL and research consultants from around the country. The network has experienced steady growth since its inception.
The mission of PROS is to improve the health of children and enhance primary care practice by conducting national collaborative practice-based research.
PROS in District II as of March, 2010
|Chapter||Number of practices||PROS Chapter Coordinator||PROS Chapter Co-Coordinator|
|NY-I||23||Marie Lynd Murphy||Carolyn Cleary|
|NY-II||17||Robert Lee||Pinchi Srinivasan|
|NY-III||22||Harry Moskowitz||Joel Foreman|
PROS Studies Actively Recruiting Practitioners:
- Adolescent Smoking Cessation (Smokebusters)
- Secondary Sexual Characteristics in Boys Study (SSCIB)
2007 Honor Roll members from District II:
- Amherst Pediatric Associates, PC (Williamsville, NY1)
- Elmwood Pediatric Group (Rochester, NY1)
- Lewis Pediatrics (Rochester, NY1)
- Lifetime Health (Central Square, NY1)
- Outer East Side Health Clinic (Buffalo, NY1)
- Panorama Pediatric Group (Rochester, NY1)
- Haverstraw Pediatrics, LLP (Haverstraw, NY3)
- Julissa Baez, MD, PC (Bronx, NY3)
- Montefiore Medical Center (Bronx, NY3)
- Sound Shore Medical Center (New Rochelle, NY3)
- White Plains Pediatric Group, PC (White Plains, NY3)
Fill out the PROS application for your practice at the AAP Pros web page.